Friday night and Saturday morning, Todd and I attended the Mayfair women's retreat. It was really nice to have some time to get to know more of the lovely ladies we attend church with. The retreat theme was "the balancing act" and focused on practical ways to juggle all the balls we have in the air. One activity we did was to put "ball" stickers above a stick person, which represent what we juggle in our lives. Then put some below the person for things we'd like to juggle. At first I thought I'd only have a few, but once I got started I had a few "aha" moments. Here's what I came up with:
right now I'm juggling:
-housekeeping
-babies
-husband
-dog
-other family
-church
-friends
-bible study
-ossm
-dissertation
what I'd like to juggle:
-swap my dissertation ball for a job ball (something that still allows me to spend most of my time with Elle and Todd, but uses my talents)
-exercise
-swap the ossm ball for a house and a yard ball
-start a crafting club or craft more in general
-get a mentor
-learn to sew
-work with missionaries or other charities
I liked that it got me thinking and motivated. It also helped me realize that I don't have to look at all those balls in a negative way. I wished we could have shared more to hear what others had put down, but we ran out of time. I'm sure my balls were different than the "more experienced" ladies.
Friday night they also aired a story on Fox news about Mayfair. Here's where you can check it out.
KOKH FOX 25 :: Special Reports - New Face of Faith
No comments:
Post a Comment