I began my 31 list a couple of weeks ago, but we've had issues with tantrums and then I was sick so I'm behind in posting. My first task was to pick a virtue to work on. Jane Austen's books highlight particular virtues through her heroines and this was my inspiration as one way to become a better woman. I have picked purposefulness as the virtue to cultivate in my life right now. I almost feel like this virtue picked me. I had already started reading Becoming a Woman of Purpose by Cynthia Heald. Then a job possibility came up for Chris, but will most likely not pan out. This led me to think about what our purpose is supposed to be as a family. I have contemplated this topic before for my career and feel certain teaching is my calling, but hadn't really thought about it in terms as a family. Reading this book has made me realize the times Chris and I have been most frustrated at church is when we feel like we're not being used and we've felt this frustration whenever job possibilities come and go. I've only begun this study and will post again as I read and study more. Each chapter suggests a verse to memorize. I used Elle's window crayons to write the verse on our bathroom mirror and this has really helped to keep it fresh on my mind.
Thursday, February 2, 2012
31: pick a virtue
I began my 31 list a couple of weeks ago, but we've had issues with tantrums and then I was sick so I'm behind in posting. My first task was to pick a virtue to work on. Jane Austen's books highlight particular virtues through her heroines and this was my inspiration as one way to become a better woman. I have picked purposefulness as the virtue to cultivate in my life right now. I almost feel like this virtue picked me. I had already started reading Becoming a Woman of Purpose by Cynthia Heald. Then a job possibility came up for Chris, but will most likely not pan out. This led me to think about what our purpose is supposed to be as a family. I have contemplated this topic before for my career and feel certain teaching is my calling, but hadn't really thought about it in terms as a family. Reading this book has made me realize the times Chris and I have been most frustrated at church is when we feel like we're not being used and we've felt this frustration whenever job possibilities come and go. I've only begun this study and will post again as I read and study more. Each chapter suggests a verse to memorize. I used Elle's window crayons to write the verse on our bathroom mirror and this has really helped to keep it fresh on my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment