Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

momma & me: adventure 5.5

Going Gluten Free

My sister and her family have been trying a gluten free diet, so while they were visiting Elle and I tried it too. Before they arrived I didn't realize how much work it is to not eat gluten. I quickly became overwhelmed trying to find recipes. Gluten is in so much that we eat! After looking at several blogs and websites I found some easy, kid friendly dishes that didn't require me to overhaul my pantry. After talking with my sister and going through foods I realized it's not as overwhelming as I thought, but does require some thought. Here's our gluten free menu:

breakfast:
gluten free rice krispies (Walmart)
eggs

lunch and dinner:
nachos (corn chips, fresh ground beef, cheese, salsa)
chicken, rice, and peas
cheese quesadillas on corn tortillas
baked beans

snacks:
Annie's organic oat granola bars
popcorn
fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment