Thursday afternoon my sister Michelle brought her kids, Derek and Ruby to the city for a visit. We met up at my cousin Emily's house for some visiting, playing, and ice cream. Then we headed to swim lessons and finally made it back to our house that evening. This was their first time spending the night with us so it was very exciting to have them over. Friday morning we braved the heat and went back to the zoo so they could see the baby elephant, but we didn't really see much else because we headed straight for the waterway. I think Ruby enjoyed it the most! The afternoon consisted of lunch and naps.
That evening we took them to the science museum, but got there with only 45 minutes left. We still had a good time, but they'll have to come back. Then we headed to Coit's, a root beer stand, for some yummy food and root beer in frosted mugs.
An aside: We also had to go to Target and exchange the air mattress I had just bought because it had a hole in it, which unfortunately Michelle and the kids didn't discover until the middle of the night. This coincided with a phone call from Chris, but while I was talking to him Elle decided she needed to look at the bras and kept saying "oh how so cute!". I think Chris may have had a slight coronary, but I couldn't stop laughing. But I digress...
Friday night the kids enjoyed baths, popcorn, and a movie, and phone calls to Daddies before bed.
Saturday my mom and Casey drove over for a Stampin Up! workshop. A couple of friends joined us and we made some really cute cards.

No comments:
Post a Comment