Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

wrapping up the school year: part 2

Graduation 2012!!!
I wasn't so sure about taking the kids to graduation this year, but I'm so glad I did! OSSM graduation is held on the steps of the capital. Last year it was so hot Elle and I left our seats about 5 minutes after it started to hide under a tree. I didn't think with Todd this would go very well. I really wanted to at least try for our girls. I dressed us all in cool clothing, and loaded up the stroller with their camp chairs, quilt, snacks, and toys. We got there right at the start and discovered we had cloud cover! We got to sit up close for longer than I expected, but eventually Elle and Todd got squirmy so we headed for our same tree. We could still hear and see everything. The kids lasted the whole time! It was so nice! Elle had some other little girls to play with and dragged her chair around, played with the rocks and flowers, and ate her snacks. Todd loves being outside so he enjoyed playing with his toys and watching Elle. Some of the speeches were great, and I loved watching and cheering for the kids we have grown so close to. It was nice to see the parents so proud. It was also bittersweet. I kept thinking that those are their babies and mine are sitting on the grass with me now, but it won't be long before they have a cap and gown also. I had to give each of them a little extra squeeze.













No comments:

Post a Comment