the set up gang
love this kid!
My cute date!
This is the fourth parent/kid night and I by this time I figured out get the photos in early or it won't happen. Everyone just gets busy and it gets forgotten about. So as soon as the moms got there I got them to visit the photo booth. I have the parents write letters to their child during the event that usually goes with the theme or as a memoir of the night. While they're doing this they visit with someone who has an older child of the same gender for advice. I take the kids and make a special survey or gift for the parents. And then mail the photos, letters, and surveys after the event to the child for a keepsake.
Katie put together the great background for our photo booth. For the rodeo photo booth we had bandanas, hats, mustaches, beards, lips, sherif badges, and a wanted sign as props.
this kid is definitely wanted!
Our dessert for the evening was root beer and milk, a "happy trails" mix the families could make, and making pie pops together. I thought cooking would be a good activity for moms to do with their boys and pie is a western kind of dessert. I would say forget about the candy sticks next year, and just call them pie pockets because the sticks really didn't work very well. I think the boys had more fun just making them and didn't even care of eating them.
the saloon
"happy trails" mix
the tables
make your own mustache
the "rodeo" activities
the "bucking bronco" or "bull riding" inflatable
stick horse races
rounding up lizards
calf roping
ping pong ball shootout
the results
No comments:
Post a Comment