Wait that's not a baby! But a pygmy hippo is close right?
The zoo had 4 tiger cubs born in July and they are on display now. This was our first chance to see them. They were so playful and we even watched a couple of them nurse.
We also caught the end of the elephant show, which was great to get an up-close view of Malee the baby elephant. She was pretty playful too. While we were there one of the keepers said elephants are pregnant for 22 months! I'm so thankful we don't have gestation periods in common with elephants!

The zoo also has a toddler and baby chimp. The baby just wanted to hang onto one of the adult's backs, but we did notice this time that it only has one hand. Anyone know the story behind this? The other young chimp put on a show playing with another adult and entertained us for a good while.
I just had to share this cute photo of Elle and her Daddy.
I'm not sure if there are other babies at the zoo, but those were the main ones we sought out. It was a really fun activity and will be precious memories because it could be our last as a family of 3!
I love your last few posts. Thanks a million for letting me "in" on the last few days! You and Todd are especially in my prayers, Elle and Chris, too.
ReplyDeleteI believe another monkey ripped it's arm off. Not sure if it was at this zoo or the one it came from. I think Heather or Annaleise told me. I had never noticed either until they mentioned it!I didn't know the elephants had a show now...we will have to check it out!
ReplyDelete