As part of our baby brother countdown I thought Elle would enjoy a slumber party in the living room. This will definitely be something we can't do once there's a new baby around. Chris and I used to do this when we lived in our apartments in Memphis. We would move our mattress into the living room then stay up late watching movies and eating snacks. We never did it at our house in Waco, I think because we had a TV in our room and then a baby so it wasn't feasible.
Anyway, I decided to try it with Elle and it went really well. We didn't stay up late, but I'm okay with going to bed a little earlier one night. We did move our mattress in the living room and she decided on the Duck Tales movie. I think Elle spent most of the movie jumping on the mattress, but at least she had fun. We also made stove-top popcorn. Chris ended up sleeping on the couch since I require a little more in the bed now with my millions of pillows, but everyone was comfortable and slept through the night. (Mops ended up in our room because she kept whining to get on the bed, but she still slept.) My only complaint was the noise from the floor when the girls were getting ready for their test Sat. morning. Elle wanted to do it again the next night, but I told her we could probably try it again next Friday and maybe keep doing it until baby brother gets here. We'll see!
You come up with the best ideas! I want to grow up in your house! :)
ReplyDelete