Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

baby brother countdown


We're 3 weeks away from the due date! For a while now Elle will ask if baby brother's ready to come out, or when he'll be here. I know she can't really understand when Dec. 2nd is. But, I wanted to help her out a bit so I made a baby brother countdown. We started at a month out. Each day she peels off a sticky note and it shows how many days we have left. There's also a pocket where I leave a note about something Elle gets to do or a special present to help us get ready for baby brother. I think she likes peeling the sticky note off more than anything. We skipped a day somewhere, but here's what we've done so far:

1) she picked a place to hang her countdown and took the start note off
2) she got a new movie in case she's stuck at the hospital
3) we've spent a couple of days working in her room getting things organized
4) we got him a car seat and some other baby things from friends
5) she got her own camera to take her own pictures with (it's a kid's camera so she can work it herself)
6) we got him a piggy bank and she put his first penny in
7) slumber party in the living room tonight!

I also have a list of other things planned such as, a special daddy-daughter date, big girl pedicures, touring the hospital, a sibling class, going over her baby book and starting baby brother's, packing our bags, some special holiday things and so on. I'll post again later about what we end up doing. If you have any suggestions please comment!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a creative and beautiful mom. I love how you are so intentional with Elle. Can't believe it is only 3 weeks (if that?!) till little brother arrives. Praying for you and wishing we could be near you. Love you guys. Nicole

    ReplyDelete