Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

momma & me: adventure 9

Bouncin' Craze

We were running out of days to do our adventures so I gave Elle a choice of what to do and she chose this place. They have "open play" days where you can pay $7.50 per child 2 years+ to play as long as they're open. (Make sure you check their calendar because everyday is different. I specifically waited for the day we went to offer it to her because I had seen online they weren't having any scheduled groups.) Basically it's a room full of inflatable bounce things, with a small geodesic dome climbing thing in the middle, a climbing wall, a fenced off area for under 2 with toys, and some seating for parents. You have to wear socks so make sure you bring or wear some. If your child is more ambitious then they would probably have a blast. Basically, Elle was really overwhelmed and didn't want to try anything, but the under 2 area for a while. They had a smaller inflatable, but because she would have to crawl through a hole to get in she wouldn't try it. Eventually, I got her to go on a bigger one with me, but it didn't have much for her to do because you were supposed to climb and go down slides. I also got her to try another small one we discovered in a corner with some balls that was more open, but she was still pretty timid about doing anything. I think she would have warmed up more, but we only stayed a couple of hours because you couldn't bring your own food and Elle got hungry. I felt the room was too small for what was going on. Too many big kids kept running over little ones and it was too cramped for them being so active. I also didn't like that they didn't have anyone who actually worked their monitoring the bounce room. Also, it was a little overpriced for Elle's age, especially when you could go to Unpluggits right around the corner for about the same price with more to do and you can bring in your own food.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you and Elle are having all of these adventures together while it is still just the two of you. Special memories before her life completely changes! :)

    ReplyDelete