Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

it's a....

Yesterday we had our second ultrasound. We had decided to find out the gender because we're in such a small space right now that we felt we needed to know what to keep or replace. But, we were also torn about this decision. We waited to find out what Elle was and one of the most exciting parts in the delivery room was the nurses' excitement (apparently they don't get many surprise babies) and them exclaiming "It's a girl!" After seeing a friend's blog post about a gender reveal party I thought it would be fun to doing something like that for #2. Since it's summertime I decided to do a cobbler and ice cream party. If it was a girl we'd have cherry and blueberry for a boy. Chris and I asked the tech not to reveal the gender to Elle so she wouldn't blab and she could be the one to dip the spoon in first. Last night some friends and family helped us celebrate.

We decorated with red and blue. The spread included cobbler and vanilla ice cream, cherry and berry blue Kool-aid, some frozen berries, and mounds and almond joy candy (my own little joke!).

We had a little vote before the reveal (and the easel provided some entertainment for the little ones).

and the big reveal...

IT'S A BOY!



Here's what the cobbler looked like before I wrapped it in foil so as not to spoil the surprise. I found a really good and easy recipe online, but made extra batter to completely cover the top
.

Even though I kept saying it'll be a boy because we were preferring a girl I was still shocked. I keep looking at boy things and it seems like a new land, but the Shrock name will finally continue and Chris got his boy scout. We haven't discussed names yet, but we'll let you know if we decide on something. Any suggestions? I'll also probably be posting something about how to redecorate Elle's room to make at least a small part look like a boy will be living there.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Sorry I missed the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We are so excited for you too! Boys are so fun! Sorry we missed the party. Great idea though! Maybe we will do that if we have another one someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! We know how great boys (and girls) can be. Brothers and sisters can also be very close!

    ReplyDelete