Saturday night was Prom at OSSM. Elle went to stay at Nana's house so she wouldn't have to deal with the craziness and after party that went on until 2:30 in the morning. Apparently it wasn't much different from Chris' proms, except as he told someone "his date's pregnant this time." A lot of the parents attend to help with the cost, and I thought it made it a nicer event. The kids ride a charter bus over to the Petroleum Club for dinner and dancing. We had an excellent view from the 34th floor! The girls were beautiful and the guys clean up nice too. About midnight we headed back home from snacks, a TwinProv performance, and of course more dancing. Chris and I couldn't take it anymore after TwinProv and crashed. We had a great date night that we rarely get!
1) There didn't seem to be the pressure of drinking or risque behavior (although some of the dancing was questionable) and everyone had a great time.
2) If you can jump up and down and pump your fist you can dance.
3) If we could write a song that has one line, some simple directions, and make a youtube video dance we'd be rich!
4) Chris and I are too old for some of the music!
5) Do not dance barefoot with other girls in stilettos (this was a lesson learned by one of the girls on our floor).
6) You don't have to go to prom with a date, bring a group of friends and have a good time.
Here's some pics. We have some better ones of the kids, but I don't want to post them without their permission.








I've been there several times for Ryan's work christmas party! I love the view!
ReplyDeleteDanielle, you really look like a movie star. Chris definitely married "up"...
ReplyDelete