Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

things i've had to relearn since moving back to OK

We moved to OKC in August last year after having lived in Memphis, TN and Waco, TX for 6 years. Since moving back I've had to relearn some important lessons about OK.

1) the wind really does come sweeping down the plains
2) don't sit your drink on top of the car because it will get knocked off
3) I like cowboy boots
4) you have to check the weather before you travel in April due to tornado season
5) storm chasing is a legitimate occupation
6) you will eventually be on a first name basis with the meteorologist
7) did I mention the wind?
8) dirt is red
9) Will Rogers knew what he was talking about
10) before Sept. 11th there was April 19th
11) real Okies send their little kids running out into fields to stake claims on April 22nd
12) it really is home

1 comment:

  1. Love your list. Jason is a proud OK land run boy (shares his birthday with the day) Stay away from those tornadoes!

    ReplyDelete