Wednesday, April 6, 2011
repurposing
We've been trying to cut down on expenses so we're getting rid of our storage unit. Part of this process is purging a lot of stuff. This has made me realize you should take into consideration how much it will cost you to get rid of something before you get it. Anyway, I have a suitcase that my dad gave me that was my great-grandmother's, but it's been in storage because I didn't have something to use it for. But since it has to come out of storage it needs to be useful. So it is has been turned into Elle's "dress-up" case. It's now full of old costumes and other goodies and fits nicely under her bed.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When my mom was in her mid-70's she started getting pretty "ruthless" about throwing things out. There were things from my childhood and from grandparents that ended up at Goodwill before I could say I wanted them. I'm glad you're making some of these heritage items into Elle's possessions. One day it will mean a lot to her.
ReplyDeleterv