Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

update!

Elle's 2nd birthday
Elle turned 2 on Tuesday! She's filled our lives with so much joy and we are so blessed to have so many people love her too. We had a Mickey & Minnie/Tutus & Ties party on Saturday. We had some of the ballet girls perform to "The Hot Dog" song and the pinata was a huge success, even for the big kids. Here's a link to our shutterfly account and you can see more pics of her party in "march 2011". Click here.



I went for a consultation on my hip with an orthopedic specialist (not the one they wanted to send me to, but he still seems good). I have a piece of bone that sticks up on my hip joint, which when i make certain movements rubs on my hip socket and has torn the cartilage. If I don't have it repaired it will develop arthritis. So I'm going to have surgery as soon as the insurance gets everything authorized. They will do laparoscopic outpatient surgery (probably 3 incisions, but he won't know until he gets in there). Here's the scary part: There's no room in the hip so they are going to put me to sleep, paralyze me, and dislocate my hip! Then I'll be on crutches for 3 weeks and then have some therapy. Good part: I'll be able to do whatever I want after that!

3 comments:

  1. My face hurts from grinning!! What a great party!

    And I hope you're thinking the hip procedure is good news, too -- at least you can fix it and that earlier threat of not bearing weight for months is gone. Your still on my "list"!
    RV

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that first picture is too adorable! It was a great party and I hope the surgery will be a success and no more pain after that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle is SO CUTE! I can not believe how grown up she is. I am so sorry about your hip - but I am glad that they can do something to fix it - I guess that means a trip to Memphis is on hold. Love ya
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete