Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

nana's banana bread

Elle and I have gotten into making banana bread with our ripe bananas. Nobody will touch them once they start to ripen and it's hard to eat them fast enough when we eat so meals in the cafeteria. So I found a really good banana bread recipe and thought I'd share. It's yummy and simple!

Nana's Banana Bread

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Mix dry ingredients. Stir in butter, eggs, and bananas. Pour into two greased bread pans and bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I have good results freezing mashed up ripe bananas. I get a really big bag of ripe ones at the store for 99 cents, use what I need, mash up the remainder and freeze them in a piece of Tupperware.
    RV

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great idea! You're a genius! then i bet we could save them for smoothies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe sounds good. RV, thanks for sharing that tip. Let me know how they turn out in a smoothy. I bet it will be fine. Michelle

    ReplyDelete