Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

knock 3 times on the ceiling...twice on the pipe!

Since the students and most of the other resident faculty have been away it is has been incredibly quiet on campus. I'm realizing now how loud the everyday noises are on our floor, especially in the evenings. I have missed the chatter most around dinner time. However, I have not missed 72 girls taking showers early in the morning and late at night, which starts a chorus of banging pipes in our apartment. It's not too bad, but with the breaks Elle (Queen of the light sleepers!) has to readjust to the noise whenever the girls get back. This has been the only thing that has tempted me to move to the boys side. Chris has told me the boys tend to start showers 5 minutes before lights out and are done really quickly. However, Chris has said the guys tend to be more rowdy before this, running and goofing off. We're not spoiled to the quiet yet though! They are adding the third floor to the new dorms so we have been graced with the lovely beeping, sawing, etc. noises from the construction from sunup to sundown!....We did a little investigating and discovered it's not the showers it's the toilets! Wonder if the urinals make that much noise? Guess we'll have to do a field trip.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow, I cannot lose the image of your field trip to the urinals. It never would have occurred to me unless you brought it up. : ) Happy hunting.
    RV

    ReplyDelete