Valentine's Day has hit our house! I put up Elle's heart lights and this year found some for Todd. Elle told me one day hers are pretty and Todd's are cool because boys can't have pretty things. A 3 year old's mind!
I made one of these for my mom for Christmas and it was so easy and cute I had to make one for us! I may add some more burlap though to make it more full. This is our front door. Since the girls are so limited on what they can put up around the floor I like to have something out there that warms up the place a bit.
For the kids I've been able to keep up with making them a box for each month. Here's Elle's February craft box as we call it. Some things we already had and others I got from the Target dollar section. It has little pom poms, a red dice, heart stamp, different containers, heart measuring cups, a heart pencil and pad of paper, heart buttons, heart ice cube tray. She can get creative with these things, practice numbers, writing, and other skills.
We also have a sensory basket for Todd. This month I put in the big red, purple, pink, and white pom poms, foam hearts, some plastic heart containers left over from candy, velvet flowers left over from a box of candy, squeeze hearts, heart whistles, and red and purple foam cubes. Elle's firey alter from bible class also made it in there, because it's a bottle of water with oil and red glitter. I put the valentine bucket next to it so he can put things in and take them out.
This is our February book bucket. This is how we rotate books. In our bucket this month we have Groundhog's Day and Valentine's Day books.
I've always kept some smaller toys in the living room in this basket. This month I put red and pink toys, plus our Valentine toys.
No comments:
Post a Comment