Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Todd's 1st Birthday

We started out Todd's special day with the traditional number pancake! He wasn't too sure, but once he started eating he figured it out. We were going to do his 1 year pictures that day, but the weather didn't cooperate so we had a pretty regular schedule besides opening some gifts. We did let Todd pick a place to go celebrate at and of course he chose Chick-fil-a! Aunt Karen and Uncle Wayne joined us since they weren't going to be able to attend Todd's party.
We had Todd's party in the Great Hall the next morning. We went with a Fox in Sock by Dr Seuss theme. I ordered these cake blocks (petit fours) from Johnnie's to go with the theme. So glad I did because they were delicious and I didn't have to make them! Nana and Aunt Casey made Knox Blox. We also had "poodles eating noodles" (pasta salad), tongue twisters (pretzels), drinks in a box, and "three cheese trees" (cheese cubes). If you read the book you'll understand!  
For activities, I put out all the different blocks we had, a twister game, a huge pile of different sized cardboard boxes, and stuff to make "blue goo". The boxes were the biggest hit with the kids. I think that area stayed busy the whole morning! 
We were so blessed by the number of people that came and showered Todd with gifts. I know he won't remember, but I know he had a blast because he was moving the whole time. We were so touched by the love that people showed for our little guy and for helping us celebrate his wonderful first year!


No comments:

Post a Comment