Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

olympic break

We've been pretty busy this summer, but have been able to take in some Olympics. We went to a great opening ceremony party with themed food from all over the world. I didn't get to sample much as I woke up that morning with food poisoning. Also the reason for no pics. I barely made it to the car on the way there, but good company helped me feel better by the end of the night. The TV has been on waaaaaay more than it ever is in our house, but it's for a good reason... right? I've also gotten Elle to do a couple of Olympic crafts and activities. We did this salt/food coloring painting. Elle's didn't turn out nearly as neat, but, she loved playing with a dropper and food coloring. Then, I also had her do some toddler archery in the hallway, which I found here. I used the olympics sports page and letters she still has trouble with for Elle's target. Then I gave her a bowl of paint and an "arrow" (a pointer from school days). After a few dings in the wall I made the target bigger. (sigh) Live and learn!







Todd got into my bag and the monkeys in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment