Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

powder fresh nap

Yesterday, Elle had an interesting nap time. After our pre-nap routine I had her lay down, but after a little bit I had to go back into her room because she kept talking. She was sitting up and had 4 or 5 books around her. I had her lay back down, but had to go in a few more times to remind her to be quiet and go to sleep. After an hour of trying to get her to sleep I noticed it had been quiet for a bit. I walk in and find Elle standing in her bed with her back to me, bent over and a faint "Momma!" squeaks out. As I get closer I notice the baby powder.


My first thoughts are of a story my mom has told on me as a toddler. She was on the phone one night and saw white puffs coming from the hall. Wondering what's going on she investigates and finds me standing in the hall with a bottle of baby powder having a good time.

I laugh, grab the camera, and then panic sets in because I have no idea how to clean this up. So, I call my mom. I was afraid to vacuum it up because I thought it would just puff out, but this tactic did work. Elle and her room smelled really nice the rest of the day, but there was no hope of a nap in her bed after that. Note to self: Elle can now reach the top of her bookshelf.

The book of the day:

P.S. She did nap about 45 minutes because I drove to the mall for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment