Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

some things i don't want to forget

The other day we started talking about how Elle had an imaginary friend for a little while named Toko. This started with a little Christmas mouse toy we had, but eventually he became imaginary.

This led us to remember that Todd never had an imaginary friend, but an imaginary place. His factory. He has two stuffed bears, Herman and Rupert who would sometimes work in the factory, but generally everything else was imaginary. He would say things like he made something in his factory, or if it was something he wanted and we wouldn't get it for him he'd say he would get it from his factory. It was so cute!

Reese has transitioned from being with Todd all the time since he started Kindergarten to playing pretend on her own. So far no imaginary friends though. I think she and Copper with play well together once he gets big enough, but for now I'll catch her talking to herself and her toys a lot. It's sweet to hear her little voice involved in some scheme. It's also fascinating when I accidentally think she's talking to me and she corrects me and says she's pretending, and then she goes right back into the game she's playing.

I just realized how quickly I forgot about Todd's factory and I don't want to forget things like that. I'm so grateful for the resource this blog has been, and I really need to catch up everyone and myself on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment