It's something Elle and Todd look forward to each year, and I'm sure Reese will too. This was her first year to ride her own bike. She had a little trouble with the line up, but once we got started she was into it! Todd had a tinsel issue with one wheel so I had to push. Still learning what decorations will work and what won't.
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Star Spangled Fried Chicken Dinner 2016
One thing we do really well at Mayfair is the Star Spangled Fried Chicken Dinner. A Sunday close to July 4th we meet for a fried chicken dinner, complete with members bringing homemade ice cream of all flavors. The highlight for the kids is a parade that they do through the family center with bikes, wagons, cars, or decorating themselves! I loved our little friend Ava's skates this year. One reason I love this event is the same as Trunk or Treat. It gives families a project to work on. They can come up with a unique flavor of ice cream or work on decorating their wheels. I think those projects are ways families can work together on a common goal, while building special memories. I look forward to the seasons when the kids are older and can have more input. The Star Spangled dinner is also a time our church family can fellowship together, and invite extended family and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment