Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

This year was a little different with Chris' dad still in the hospital so soon after his surgery. We had a nice lunch with Chris' mom, sister, and our nephew. Chris contributed to my fiesta collection. The kids had sweet cards and homemade gifts. Elle lost a tooth when she and Todd and Weston were playing too rambunctiously upstairs. Makes her look so much older. 

 

Today I attended Elle's Mother's Day tea at school. Her love language is quality time so it's something I can't miss. It's great having a little special time with her, especially since she's so big!

 

Some thoughts and feelings were rolling around all weekend. A Facebook friend summed them up perfectly. She posted, "For those with hurting hearts today, I am thinking about you....friends who yearn for babies, friends who've lost babies, friends who've lost mamas.... And for the birth mothers today, you are my heroes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment