The Saturday before my surgery I attended a photography workshop by
Megan DeShazo, but with everything going on I didn't get a chance to blog about it until now. I had been looking around for classes specifically for moms who wanted to know how to use their camera and take better pictures. I stumbled upon Megan's blog the week before the workshop and ended up fourth on the waiting list. This was about the time we had the last snow blow through so several people couldn't make it and others ahead of me couldn't go last minute...so, I got a spot! The first 3 hours was the workshop at her husband's office right behind Coffee Slingers on 10th & Broadway. Then we had lunch and headed to the Myriad Gardens where our kids met us to be our models. It was such a great workshop and Megan really knew her stuff! She was so patient with us and several different kinds of cameras. One of my favorite parts was her tips for photographing different ages of kids. You could tell she had a lot of experience. I highly recommend taking this workshop if you're a parent! I don't feel like a professional or anything, but I feel A LOT more comfortable with my camera. I'm supposed to take at least one photo a day and keep practicing. Below are a few of the many shots I took that day.
 |
| I took a lot of pictures of this cup while playing with my camera. |
 |
| We practiced on these toys, but it didn't last long because it was freezing that morning! |
 |
| I did the settings and had Chris take this photo. |
 |
| Elle being silly like Minnie on her shirt! |
No comments:
Post a Comment