Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

it's not bug spray or a rash, it's a baby shower!


I've been complimented on my sneakiness in the past, and frankly I didn't think Chris had it in him. But, with a little help from 24 teenage girls he can pull it off. Tuesday the girls on our floor surprised me with a baby shower. There aren't really any pics except the diaper cake they made because I didn't know it was going to happen, which means no camera.

Chris called me Tuesday during the day to say they were going to spray for the ninja bugs in the girls' bathroom (if you want to know the full story about them I can tell you later) and Elle and I should probably avoid going in the lounge. I'm pregnant and Elle's little so I bought it.

Then at dinner that night one of our sweet girls comes into the great hall and talks to Chris in the fishbowl for a minute (he's on duty so this doesn't seem strange). Then he comes to the table and tells me she's got a woman problem and feels embarrassed and would rather talk to me. She says she doesn't want to show me here and I say let's go to the floor. Remember I'm pregnant = no brain = I've completely forgotten about the ninja bug spray. So off we go! She's telling me she's got a rash on the inside of her leg and then... Surprise!

The girls had decorated the lounge, had made onesies (some of which I still don't know what they mean because it's some inside something from Chris' class), gifts, games, and cute cupcakes. We hadn't told them his name yet so they all chose one and had a cute chocolate animal holding their name up on top of each of the cupcakes.

They put so much work into it and did such a great job! They are so sweet and clever and we feel so blessed to have them in our lives!

3 comments:

  1. That made me smile. You guys are obviously making an impact on their young lives. Very sweet. And well orchestrated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, OK, so Chris got one over. You Danielle Shrock are still the undisputed Queen of Sneaky.

    Congrats on all the diapers!
    rv

    ReplyDelete