Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

9 years later

{an anniversary present 2009}
Feb.16, 2002 Chris and I went on our first real date and celebrated our first Valentine's Day together. Chris gave me a box of Godiva chocolates and took me to see Disney's Beauty and the Beast at the IMAX theater and then to dinner. I was pretty spectacular on such a large screen. Feb. 16, 2011 Chris and I celebrated Valentine's Day by going to see Disney's Beauty and the Beast Broadway musical. We did have to ride a bus and go with 130+ students, faculty, parents, and guests, but it was still pretty awesome. No italian dinner, but I did get a box of Godiva chocolates again. I highly recommend going to see this musical if you get a chance. I was really impressed with the scenery and costumes. We had a really fun time out "by ourselves", which we rarely do. My Grandma graciously came over and watched Elle for us. She is such a special person to us! We were surprised how many people asked why we didn't take Elle, but the show was about 2.5 hours long and some parts would have been pretty scary for her. Several times they turned out the lights or had bright flashes, plus lots of loud bangs and roars. The beast could be a bit intimidating for young kids. They also shot confetti into the audience a couple of times, which we thought was great, but could also be startling. They added a few more songs and tweaked the story just a bit so that the characters are turning into the objects, but it explains their still human-like form. They've also added some physical comedy and a few more jokes. Overall, it is a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment